- Ready To Learn Initiative: Using a Transmedia Approach to Enhance Early Literacy and Numeracy Skills — presented at AERA, Vancouver Canada; April 15, 2012 Study of young (two – eight years old) children’s use of touch screen technology and apps. A two-phase study with ninety-three children and ninety-three caregivers, primarily from low-income families representing the full range of race and ethnicity. PowerPoint
- iPad Use and Learning: Patterns Observed in Three Age Groups — presented at EETC, Salt Lake City, Utah; March 15, 2012 An overview of how children in three age groups approach games and apps on touch screen technology. PowerPoint
- Young Children, Apps, and iPads Children as young as two years old access, play, and learn with touch screen devices. See Full Report
- Analytics Conference “Tracking Engagement and Learning in Transmedia.” Advances in digital technology make it possible to collect digital logs that contain a continuous record of data from interactions throughout an experience. No longer can assessment be an afterthought to the development process; instead, assessment must be integrated into a property while the property is being created.
- Toycon Presentation After the Toys Come Home – Toy purchases are well-documented and analyzed, but less is known about what occurs post toy purchase. This study focuses on unused and rejected toys. PowerPoint
"Research is creating new knowledge."